Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Our love story

Our love story has been quite a whirlwind.  As most would say who know us, its been fast, breath taking, up, down and well, the best thing that's happened to us (yes, I can speak for him here too, after all that's what us wives often do :))!

Nathan and I met in March of 2009.  We met online on a site called OkCupid.  Yes it's true and not really unheard of these days but I don't think either of us would have thought we'd end up here.  I was working two jobs, finishing my Master's program and so over the typical dating scene.  A girl needs variety right?! I started exploring my options and with my busy schedule online dating seemed to fit right in.  SO after a number of blind dates as I like to call them (really catastrophes and hilarious stories to share with my friends), I came across a very handsome fellow.  I even made the first move…that's right, after reading his profile and seeing his pictures I sent him a 'wink.'  Ha ha…I can't help but laugh thinking about it.  Well I'll spare you the details but one message lead to multiple messages, daily, then a phone call, then a large phone bill and then our first date.

Our first date was at Macaroni Grill.  I told Nathan I loved Italian food on one of our many long phone calls and he listened (much like they all do in those first phone calls :)).  I had my girls outside and ready just in case, just a phone call away, and headed into what was the one of the first of many wonderful nights with this man!!  



Nearly 3 years later…we have become the best little family!


He's my husband, my best friend, my supporter…my forever valentine!  He makes me happy, laugh like crazy, frustrated and even mad but all of that is what makes him my better half!!

I Love You Babe!


No comments:

Post a Comment